Friday, July 10, 2015

Hi and welcome to my blog!  I have been in Second Life for many years and have enjoyed finding and sharing great quality deals with my friends.  Now I want to expand and also share them with you.  So lets get started.  Please excuse my English writing style... RL issues are not discussed here so let's just say I (Sweet Afterthought) have a little problem with English writing.

  As this blog progresses so will your Avatar I hope. I want to help you have a Quality Style for L$10 or less.  I will try to focus on the Freebies (L$0) and Dollarbies (L$1) with an occasional expense up to but not to exceed L$10.  If you have no money for SL to use then some of the deals I post will involve sitting in a chair for a set amount of time, Clicking on a Sign Board (MM) and waiting for the item to be delivered or maybe just joining a Designer's Group and getting the free gift which in most cases is a very good thing.  With that in mind let's begin this Blog and begin our "Quality Avatar" transformation journey.


1. Starting Out (You may not want to change your Skin and shape but the please read through as I don't want you to miss out on something I mention... like freebies) and believe me there are many quality skins freebies out in the world of Second Life.


When you signed up on Second Life you had to choose your Avatar.  It might have been one of these Avatars below or something else:



Okay on to our 1st starting point (Landmark)... 


London England Hyde Park - New User Experience


LONDON ENGLAND HYDE PARK - New user experience, London England UK (168, 140, 20) 


(Be careful when going to "ANY" New User Area as you will find Vampires preying on you here.  "THEY WANT TO BITE YOU TO FURTHER THEIR RP GAME" They are in a Bloodlines Cult and are trying to trick you into their Cult.  Once bitten it is a pain to get removed from it)


At the 5th point of the this tutorial they have a Avatar Selector.  Go ahead and get one of these if your just starting out or want to add to your inventory.  It will give you some Mesh clothing and some accessories to get you started with.  The included "Animation Overider (AO)" is actually very nice and includes some very good animations.  It alone makes this a "Quality Freebie" worth getting even if your not new but wanting or needing a better Freebie AO. 


For us girls you will look like this after dragging the folder onto your Avatar:


Not bad for starters with the Shape, Hair,Nice Eyes, Dress, Boots and AO?  The skin is a bit dark for my taste but we can fix that in the next Blog Post.

And for the guys you will look end up looking like this:





Well, after all we are at a sim from the UK. Not quite the guy I would be looking for but he is not to bad ;)  He does include a pretty nice shape, some male hair, Nice Eyes, shoes and that good AO.


Okay, we now have a different Shape, Skin, Nice Eyes, Outfit and AO.  Now it's on to the transformation journey to a higher quality lifestyle look.  If all else I hope you did get the wonderful AO to wear.


Now that we are done here go around LONDON ENGLAND HYDE PARK and explore. There is a Learning Area for newbies, A meet and greet area for for meeting and making new friends, an area to open boxes and lot's of shops to wander through and maybe find something for free too.  Also on this sim are a few entertainment establishments with Drinking, Dancing and Socializing.  I had a fun time while I was wandering around.


Next post we will start with a new skin :)


I hope you will continue to follow our journey and enjoy the quality items that my friends and I find and share here.  Enjoy!
 ♥ Sweet Afterthought ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment